Thursday, September 07, 2006

PubMed Junkie Blog Purpose

PubMed Junkie Blog Purpose

To anyone who has stumbled across this blog on the open Web, it is part of the requirements for the class LIBR 534 Health Information Sources and Services. If you are looking for specific information on PubMed, you’ll probably do better looking elsewhere.

My aim in writing this blog is to describe some of the more challenging and/or interesting questions I encounter while working on the Woodward biomedical library reference desk, and how I attempted to answer them. I’m hoping that it will encourage other students in LIBR 534 to post questions they’ve had, and to discuss possible solutions.

All this should serve as a basis for reflection on current issues in providing medical reference, as well as areas that I need to develop my skills as a reference librarian.

I may change the focus as the term goes on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dean Giustini said...

Hi D.

Welcome to the blogosphere D. The white background looks better, by the way. I sat on the Woodward reference desk today with N. We were busy.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences on the desk

Dean

7:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home